CNC Machine Operator
Company: General Dynamics Land Systems
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Position Description: GENERAL DYNAMICS Land Systems Division Eynon,
PA Facility CLASS NO. 2883 TITLE: MACHINE OPERATOR/SETTER CNC LABOR
GRADE: 02 Responsibilities Include:
- Performs various combinations of machining operations such as
turning, facing, boring, threading, drilling, reaming, tapping,
contouring, etc. Enters revisions of programmed dimensions, feed
rates, spindle speeds, etc. on machine console. May run multiple
machines at a work center, while lifting, pulling and pushing
manufactured products at the established rate of production.
- Operate and understand measuring instruments, such as height
gages, micrometers, and calipers. Operator will understand how to
preset tools using such equipment as optical tool setter, gauges or
fixtures. In addition, Operator will calibrate and adjust the
tool-setting equipment when necessary.
- Operator places automatic tool-changer magazine or machine tool
holders according to programmed operation sequence.
- Operator makes the determination of the part being secure on
the fixture in the machine.
- Activates control panel switches and keyboard buttons to
control the machine console to go through various stages such as
warm-up, align, cycle and stop the machine.
- Records revised dimensions, feed-rates, spindle speeds on the
machine console to change programmed data. The operator will figure
the tool compensation values due to tool wear and then compensate
for the wear of the tool. In addition, the operator will adjust for
material differences and restore the memory as needed.
- The operator will oversee the entire machining operation
involving the tasks of identifying and correcting machining
problems such as improper depth, size or location of holes and
broken or worn tools. Also, the operator maintains the tooling for
the machine and makes certain that the tool changing is completed
in an appropriate manner.
- During the various stages of the machining process, the
operator will clean and lubricate the drilled holes, check critical
part dimensions, and at the end of the machining cycles utilizes
gauges and other measuring devices.
- Upon completion of the machining operations, the operator will
extract parts from the fixture.
- Operators must be able to demonstrate the ability to complete
the following tasks: prepare machining equipment to machine parts
to close tolerances; understand tool layouts and related documents
in order to set tools and compensate for tool wear; perform basic
math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and
converting fractions to decimals; calculate positive and negative
numeric values in order to set tools; and locate machining points
and compute radii.
- Operator will have his/her work area clean at all times. On
occasion, the operator may be assigned to conduct general cleaning
in their department area.
- Operator will be accountable for pre and/or post operation and
safety checks of equipment.
- Operator will be compliant to verify that he or she has
followed the written instructions. The instructions may be the
appropriate operation sheets or quality assurance directives.
- For the sake of keeping the operation moving, the operator may
be required the movement of his/her own material to or from an
adjoining department using a work saver piece of equipment.
- Operator may be expected to perform administrative tasks
relating to the job and classification.
- Operator will be asked to perform in a safe manner a few
non-skilled tasks such as minor lubrication, touch-up paint,
application of rust proofing, deburring and administrative
Keywords: General Dynamics Land Systems, Scranton , CNC Machine Operator, Other , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!