Company: Penn Foster
Posted on: September 12, 2019
The Instructional Designer will manage instructional design and
storyboarding of e-learning content for course-level projects, as
well as assisting Senior Content Managers with program-level tasks.
This position is responsible for developing and delivering quality
content and informing projects from initiation through delivery to
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the content development process and work closely with
Senior Content Managers and production staff, while working with
instructors, authors, and subject-matter experts as needed to
ensure delivery of quality curriculum.
- Suggest improvements for instructional design templates and
- Apply industry-standard instructional design and content
development processes, models, and frameworks.
- Work with Senior Content Managers, authors and subject-matter
experts, and graphic designers to use educational technology tools
to create instructional media.
- Manage course-level revision and new development projects from
start to finish including timeline. Take ownership of all projects,
and create and provide regular reports on the assigned
- Hire and manage freelance authors and subject-matter experts to
ensure creation, development, and instructional design of quality
- Assist in management of content development process and work
closely with instructors, authors, and subject-matter experts to
ensure delivery of quality curriculum.
- Work with Production Manager and Editorial Manager to ensure
projects are completed on schedule.
- Create and edit raw content, storyboards, and media assets and
work with production team to ensure final delivery meets
instructional design templates and guidelines.
- Ensure new and revised content is tied to both program- and
course-level outcomes, objectives, and assessments. Ensure all
assessments are tied to course objectives and test to appropriate
levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Assist in preparation for accreditation and licensing visits,
reviews, and meetings. Aid in management of contact and credit hour
policy and documentation.
- Understand various learning theories including Bloom's
taxonomy, Universal Design for Learning, and Adult Learning
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Graduate work in Education,
Instructional Design, or Instructional Technology a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience in instructional design.
Classroom or online teaching experience a plus. Experience with
adult and nontraditional learners preferred.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of content authoring tools, particularly
Articulate 360, required. Knowledge of learning management systems
and educational technology required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative
Suite preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Certificates & Licenses: None.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
Must have a love for creating great products.
Through the power of education, we help over 150,000 people each
year launch, accelerate and thrive in their careers. We are Penn
Foster, and we are on a mission to bridge the gap between education
and economic opportunity to build a stronger workforce. A pioneer
of online education, we are changing lives with each enrollment.
Backed by Bain Capital Double Impact and in partnership with
hundreds of leading employers, educators, and community-based
organizations, our impact on the workforce can be seen across many
industries. And while we are proud of the progress we have made in
upskilling millions of American workers, we know that much remains
to be done! We are looking for mission focused, purpose-driven
individuals to join our team and play a role in helping to change a
life, or make a dream come true.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous
paid time off, paid charity days, parking & commuter benefits, a
401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online
Keywords: Penn Foster, Scranton , Instructional Designer, Other , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!