Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Sparrow Company, LLC
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
To design analog and digital power electronic devices from concept
to schematic and PCB through to manufacturing. To work with chief
technology officer to develop reliable leading edge analog and
digital electronic circuitry, identify and implement next
generation products for advanced power emulators and support
- Develop power electronics product including power and analog
circuitry, magnetics and firmware from concept through to
manufacture, meeting safety and reliability, cost, manufacturing
and performance requirements.
- Participation in development, testing and approval of complex
power electronic based systems.
- Prototype design and verification
- Plan and execute verification and validation activities.
- To develop new product using modular approach maximizing
reusability and efficiency.
- Preparation of technical and regulatory documentation,
including production documentation, BOM, manuals, test instructions
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and tools
to perform engineering tasks.
- Participate in design reviews, project meetings and time/cost
- Failure analysis and fault remediation
- Communicate with different parties - customer, vendor, internal
engineering and manufacturing;
- To ensure product meets customer specifications, and quality
- Meeting project schedules, deadlines and budgets.
- Order components, tools and services as required for product
and prototype development
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering,
Master's degree a plus
- 7+ years' experience in motor control, switching power
supplies, DC/DC converters, or other powerelectronics
- Analog power circuits design, wide bandgap semiconductors,
controls and control theory, motor drive synchronous frame
- FPGA/VHDL software design, and Power HIL system design and
CAN/Ethernet experience a plus
- Experience using design software i.e. Altium is an asset
- Requires a working knowledge of designing analog and digital
devices from concept
- Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and problem
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal
Keywords: Sparrow Company, LLC, Scranton , Electrical Design Engineer, Professions , Johnson City, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!