FP&A Sr. Analyst / Associate
Company: Stack Overflow
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for
developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their
careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers
visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems,
develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with
businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the
world's developers. The products and services are focused on
technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge
As the Sr. Analyst / Associate of FP&A on the Finance team, you
will work directly with the Vice President of Finance and other
senior leaders to assist in financial planning, provide key
business insights, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis across
Stack Overflow business units. This position will have exposure to
all aspects of the Stack Overflow business, from working with sales
on revenue forecasting and new business initiatives to analyzing
department-level investment decisions and budget management.
A key member of the Finance team at Stack Overflow, the Sr.
FP&A Analyst / will be focused on:
- Maintaining the Company Operating Plan: Assist with building,
updating, and maintaining the forecast model for Stack Overflow's
three lines of business: Enterprise/Teams, Engagement Solutions,
and Talent. Partner closely with accounting and other department
leaders to create and communicate budgets and provide regular
budget vs. actual analyses.
- Providing Key Business Insights: Develop and maintain KPIs
across Stack Overflow's business to provide key insights. Work
cross-functionally to understand and manage company reporting data.
Build financial models to analyze data and create actionable
insights for senior leadership.
- Performing Ad Hoc Financial Analysis: As a key member of the
finance team, conduct ad hoc financial analysis for both internal
and external projects. Internally, assist in operational business
improvements across various departments. For example, new product
pricing, commission calculations, marketing ROI, etc. Externally,
assist with ad hoc analysis for investors and other partners. For
example, scenario forecasting, M&A analysis, etc.
What You'll Do
- Lead short-term and long-term financial planning, manage the
company operating model
- Present financial summaries, trends, and business insights to
- Work with accounting and department managers to tighten
internal controls around budgeting and spend tracking
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) across
all lines of business
- Lead ad hoc initiatives across different departments and
What You'll Need To Have
- 4-5 years of experience in an analytical finance role, prior
operational FP&A experience within a technology company
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative
- Ability to forge strong relationships with team members at all
levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency
in Excel and PowerPoint
What You'll Get In Return
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care
leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely---. We'll reimburse you up to $2,000
to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office--- You'll be in our headquarters
in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch
every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation
reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We're a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out
of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won't
require employees to return to the office for the rest of the
year), you'll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes
online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a
background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, We Need You To Know This
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on
the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We
support workplace diversity.
But We Want To Add This
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a
broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a
better company and better products. We are working hard to increase
the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage
everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Keywords: Stack Overflow, Scranton , FP&A Sr. Analyst / Associate, Professions , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!