Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: April 10, 2021
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION,
SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN'S STATUS OR ANY
OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world - from the world's tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better -
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Interprets product requirements from takeoffs, specifications,
architectural drawings and verbal/written requests to create sales
quotations. Corresponds with field representatives, architects,
subcontractors/contractors and internal personnel in preparation of
sales quotations in an office environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Interprets customer product requirements from takeoffs,
architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications.
Provides specifications to Drafting Department.
- Corresponds with sales representatives, architects and
contractors to obtain missing information and recommend change or
substitution to improve cost, delivery or product.
- Works from drawings, bid forms and verbal or written request to
prepare complete and informational cost estimates and price
- Interacts with sales reps and internal personnel to provide
- Assists in providing details for order entry, drafting,
production and layout of orders received.
- Provides technical product support to designers and customers
as related to the quotes.
- Performs other related work for completion of job history and
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard
and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System
(EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job
functions that may have a significant impact on the
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Reports directly to the department supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or
- Associate degree and/or 1-3 years of related construction
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting architectural
drawings and specifications
- Knowledge in design basics, construction documents and
fabrication methods preferred
- Architectural drafting background or related material take-off
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both
internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps,
and manufacturing personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of CRM/Salesforce a plus
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-PA-Hughesville
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time Regular
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Scranton , Estimator II, Professions , Hughesville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!