Data Science Consultant (AI Review Analytics)
Company: Scion Staffing
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Scion Staffing has been engaged to lead the search for an
experienced internal Data Science Consultant with a rapidly growing
technology focused organization. This full-time role is currently
remote and available immediately! In addition to a competitive
salary and comprehensive benefits, this opportunity provides an
incredible opportunity to join a team of highly skilled
professionals and an organization which shares your passion for AI
The Data Science Consultant (AI Review Analytics) is responsible
for supporting the company's sales teams, project management teams,
and product technology teams on legal discovery best practices and
solutions. Acting as a subject matter expert, this position is
responsible for and engaging with directly with clients and
internal case teams to provide expert consultation and identity
best practices using eDiscovery technology, recommending
cost-effective workflow designs for data/forensics collections,
data processing, and document review, while being mindful of risk
This role directly assists internal technology product teams,
review management, and internal client management teams to resolve
complex matters regarding database and other technical issues; sets
up advanced workflows in Review databases; creates complex searches
depending on client needs and review methodology, including
providing client training (and internal team members) on ESI
software and other product offerings.
Please note, this role requires extensive experience in eDiscovery,
a minimum 7+ years of experience in litigation consulting, and
strong business and technology acumen!
- Sales Support
- Supports sales team, providing subject matter expertise at
client pitches and presenting demonstrations of in-house software
- Performs product demonstrations -in person or virtually.
- Attends meetings with attorneys, paralegals and other prospects
or clients to discuss potential or existing projects.
- Assists in drafting proposals to identify and highlight
appropriate application of technology for potential projects.
- Travels to other offices or client sites as needed to provide
in-person technical and sales support.
- Client Management
- Provides cost-effective and efficient workflows for data
collections, data processing and document review while being
mindful of budget, risk, and defensibility.
- Provides technical expertise to law firms and their clients
regarding TAR and identification of ESI for preservation and
- Guides clients on proper usage of advanced eDiscovery
technology components such as ECA, Analytics, near duplication,
email threading, and computer assisted review.
- Aids clients in solving complex database and other technical
issues; sets up advanced workflows in review databases; creates
complex searches depending on client needs and review
- Participates in 26(f) conferences.
- Drafts budgets and timelines for e-discovery projects.
- Serves as an escalation point for project managers.
- Oversees high-volume or complex electronic discovery
- Proactively manages projects, setting client expectations,
anticipating requests, and resolving issues in a timely
- Meticulously documents the strategy and decisions made in the
- Collaborates with internal teams, including project managers,
forensics, managed review services and project engineering.
- Trains clients and internal team members on company products
- Lead and advise on best applications of Analytics
- 5+ years of experience in Legal Technology industry with law
firm or eDiscovery service provider, preferably using AI
- Experience in using software output (reporting and analysis
results) for corporate cases to ensure defensibility.
- Advanced experience and solid understanding of AI/LegalTech
implementation and Technology Assisted Review (TAR) cases in
- Working knowledge of fundamental statistics such as random
sampling, recall rate, precision rate, confidence level and margin
- Knowledge or experience in utilizing these statistics in
- Customer-focused ability to understand expectations and
translate to internal sales and operations teams.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
to fulfill job duties and attend company events and meetings.
- Experience consulting to attorneys on Technology Assisted
Review (TAR) cases (3+ cases with preference for court testimony
- Experience as a Review Manager or data scientist handling
Technology Assisted Review (TAR) cases
- Experience as a speaker at industry trade shows or eDiscovery
- Ability to write specifications on software development based
on decision-making from the output result of a product.
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior
groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, ability to
manage or influence product, marketing, development, operations,
and sales teams.
- Propensity to enjoy fast growth environments with enthusiasm to
change the world through technology.
- Persistence to achieve goals and overcome challenges!
- Motivated by the opportunity to create new services and
technology with your own hands!
In addition to competitive base salary, this opportunity offers a
comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401k,
FSA, Group Term Life Insurance, paid holidays, and paid time
For immediate consideration please apply with your resume and cover
letter, in Microsoft Word format, via
About Our Search Firm
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm. No matter
the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process
has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the country!
Additional information about our firm and success can also be found
online at www.scionstaffing.com.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service
provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status,
sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or
any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of
Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment
decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client
companies, as well as the candidates we represent.
Keywords: Scion Staffing, Scranton , Data Science Consultant (AI Review Analytics), Professions , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!