Posted on: November 22, 2021
Project Architect - ( 210001HW )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem
like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if
that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where
we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that
our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and
responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental
groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building
solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity,
and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Join a Top 10 global design firm in our Commercial and Industrial
Buildings practice that provides Architecture, Buildings
Engineering, and Interior Design services with a long history and
deep commitment to the commercial sector. We are seeking a Project
Architect / Project Designer to join our buildings practice.
As a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team, you
will work independently to assist clients through the planning and
creation of fiscally responsible, cutting edge designs. Your
experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction
plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be
innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable
products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You
will lead the development of integrated design proposals,
continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a
variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading
and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to
contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction
from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for large projects of high complexity.
- Engage in the development of a design through sketches,
physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and
other visual formats.
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional
models of buildings and their components.
- Participate in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Interpret and apply building codes and requirements of other
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural
phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations,
building sections, details.
- Participate in bidding and negotiation phase and prepares
- Review shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares
site observation reports, and other contract administration
- Lead project coordination and meetings with internal team
members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and
- Participate in client project requirement meetings and value
analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Assist in the preparation of the project specifications.
- Coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Participate in constructability review.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of accessibility codes,
applicable building codes. Also, knowledge of building construction
systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated
- Strong understanding of all phases of architectural document
production and the relationship between drawings and
- Strong knowledge of building construction systems means and
methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to conduct space planning, block planning and
adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Ability to develop floor plans, wall sections, and
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness
and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of
architectural document production.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team
setting through all phases of architectural document
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and
other similar material.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate effectively while working
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit,
AutoCAD, Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field
- Registration required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP a plus
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining
sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure
to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and
other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on
each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the
world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Other Locations : United States-Ohio-Cleveland, United States-New
York-Albany, United States-New York-Vestal, United
States-Pennsylvania-Butler, United States-New York-Rochester
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-2180 Buildings-US Pennsylvania
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 14, 2021, 6:02:28 PM
Req ID: 210001HW
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North
America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been
granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious
belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
employees and applicants for future and current employment and
prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Keywords: Stantec, Scranton , Project Architect, Professions , Vestal, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!