Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We Make Doors - Where they lead is up to you---
Maintenance Mechanic - Apprentice
If you are looking for the chance to use your mechanical skills and
knowledge in a variety of applications, joining our team is the
right move; you will have the opportunity to work with various
types of equipment and systems in an industrial environment. Become
an essential part of our business operation by keeping our systems
running. We understand and appreciate the crucial part our
mechanics perform. Here you will use your mechanical expertise to
ensure top-level operation of vital mechanical equipment.
Experience this chance to utilize and expand your skill set while
working with a solid and knowledgeable team.
- Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment;
understand and comply with workplace safety regulations.
- Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including
visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting
scheduled testing as appropriate.
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction
in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature
fluctuations, sounds, smells or atypical energy usage; perform
troubleshooting for production machinery.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and
service for each piece of equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery,
including mechanical, electric and hydraulic; identify and replace
worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job
- Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of
appropriate cleanliness; create and maintain a schedule for
inspection, service and testing of machinery.
- Read and comply with work orders concerning service,
modification or installation of machinery.
- Work effectively with other team members in a loud
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical and manufacturing experience
- Driver's license
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for an extended
amount of time
- Ability to act competently in emergencies
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Associate's degree in mechanical, electrical or engineering
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Scranton , Maintenance, Professions , Towanda, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!