Customer Service - Donor Support Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Description Summary
Responsible for preparing the donor, donor area and equipment for
the pheresis process.
1. -Prepares the autopheresis machine for the pheresis process.
2. -Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to
specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
3. -Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
4. -Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction donor may
have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate
5. -Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that
occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and
alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
6. -Uses PDA to link equipment and soft goods used in the pheresis
process to the appropriate donor.
7. Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
8. -Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
9. -Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
10. -Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
11. -Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
12. -May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
13. -Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
14. -Perform job-related duties as assigned.
--- High school diploma or equivalent required
--- Minimum of three (3) months' work experience, preferably in
medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of
education and experience
--- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
Working Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
--- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
--- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
--- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
--- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
--- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
--- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
--- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
--- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens --- Required to wear Personal
Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain
--- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national
origin or other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this part-time position: Paid
sick leave; and the option to participate in CSL's 401(k) Savings
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human
plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious
diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed
to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Scranton , Customer Service - Donor Support Technician, Professions , Taylor, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!