Ophthalmic Technician - Clarks Summit
Company: Northeastern Eye Institute
Location: Clarks Summit
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description It's a great time to join our thriving
practice!We have a position available in our Clarks Summit office.
Join our team, as an Ophthalmic Technician and you'll be at the
forefront of providing quality patient care. At Northeastern Eye
Institute you'll join a team of innovative and accomplished
providers, surgeons, and clinical care staff. As an experienced
technician, you will be rewarded with career growth opportunities!
Experience as an Ophthalmic Scribe as well is a PLUS!* Note: This
position will work in the Clarks Summit, Scranton and Hamlin
locations as needed * We Believe In Rewarding Excellence! For those
who have experience, education, and proven success in the field -
we will reward it with competitive pay. To be successful, you'll
need excellent interpersonal and communication skills, plus a
desire and ability to combine on-the-job training with a company
provided classroom experience. You'll get the support you need to
start your career with us! What's better than a job with No
Weekends? Competitive salary and an excellent benefit package too!
You'll have comprehensive insurance plans, HSA option, continuing
education fund, eye care benefits, paid-time-off, paid holidays and
401(k). What You Will Do:
- Make introductions and establish rapport with patients.
Initiate patient evaluation, documenting the chief complaint,
history of present illness, review of systems, and all pertinent
ocular findings accurately and in accordance with compliance
- Perform pre-exam testing to include visual acuity assessment,
including pinhole and glare testing, confrontational visual field
testing, assess extra ocular muscles, pupillary evaluation,
tonometry, assess angles, pupillary dilation, and all other patient
services as requested by the physician including specialty tests
such as color vision screening, stereopsis, dry eye testing, and
- Perform lensometry and specialized testing such as visual
fields, keratometry, A/B scans, and ophthalmic photography optical
coherence tomography (OCT), Optical Biometry (IOL Master and
Lensstar), and pentacam.
- Complete prior-authorizations and requests for prescription
refills as authorized by physician, with full documentation in
- Educate patients regarding administration of medications and
pre and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
- Check expiration date and inventory of medicines and replace as
- Maintain inventory and order diagnostic medications and
- Assist with maintenance of clinical examination equipment and
with ordering of supplies.
- Inspect instruments periodically for damage, send for repair,
and request a replacement as necessary.
- Open and close exam lanes daily, ensuring that equipment is
wiped down in an appropriate manner, battery powered instruments
are seated properly in re-charge wells, slit lamps and projectors
are switched off under covers.
- Complete manual refractions.
- Follow all safety procedures as per guidelines. What You Will
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and
responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of
quality and energy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential employee and company
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
and work independently.
- Apply exceptional communication skills to interact with
patients and schedule appointments and surgeries.
- Ability to Scribe is a PLUS!
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least one year of specialized ophthalmic experience is
- COA or COT a plus but not required. We are an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Northeastern Eye Institute, Scranton , Ophthalmic Technician - Clarks Summit, Professions , Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!