Surgical Equipment Technician (Operating Room Full Time Day Shift)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Equipment Technician (Operating Room Full
Time Day Shift)
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Cardiac Surgery Team
Date Posted: 05/31/2022
Job ID: R-29967
Job Summary Are you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we ve built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Job Duties Prepares, cleans and cares for equipment and equipment
supplies for surgical procedures within the surgical suite.
Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family
experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Maintains knowledge of aseptic technique, methods of disposal
and clean up of contaminated equipment and supplies to prevent
cross contamination and personal injury.
- Communicates effectively with Patient Care staff, various
equipment vendors, clinical engineering, ISS and others in person,
on the phone and through email.
- Requires basic knowledge of patient care equipment, plumbing,
electric and mechanics.
- Sets up and follows through with routine maintenance schedules
for equipment to help reduce and eliminate down time and maximize
- Reads and understands various equipment manuals for use in
troubleshooting and minor repair of equipment.
- Sets up and operates equipment in various modes for the process
of troubleshooting and inspection.
- Orders and stocks equipment parts and supplies, as needed, to
maintain optimum performance, efficiency and life of
- Assists with stocking extra parts and supplies in organized
fashion in the equipment area.
- Assists clinical engineering, ISS and outside vendors in
inspection and repair of equipment.
- Obtains loaners for equipment returned to manufacture for
repair to help reduce shortage in the operating room.
- Tracks and returns loaner equipment in an efficient manner to
avoid penalty and late fees.
- Coordinates non-hospital owned trial equipment process and
- Coordinates equipment in storage areas.
- Arranges review of the equipment storage areas with the
management staff to eliminate equipment that is obsolete and
sellable and or for the mission field.
- Maintains inventory, repair and maintenance history on all
- Maintains knowledge of high-pressure medical gas
- Orders and maintains adequate stock to avoid cancellation of
- Safely transports tanks in and out of ooerating room.
- Maintains knowledge of the different gases used on the various
pieces of equipment to avoid patient injury.
- Changes or modifies gages, hoses and tanks on equipment.
- Works in conjunction with staff and materials management in
reviewing maintenance and warranty contracts to ensure accuracy and
- Coordinates assembly and inspection of new surgical
equipment.Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
Position Details This is a full-time scheduleEvening shift 11am to
7:30pm. Geisinger is proud to offer:
- $16.24 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and
401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now!Contact Dana Katz for additional information
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Surgical Equipment Technician (Operating Room Full Time Day Shift), Professions , Berwick, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!