Location: Huntington Mills
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Endoscopy Technician
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Endoscopy Clinical Team
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Job ID: R-41028
Job SummaryPrepares patient and equipment for endoscopic procedures
and assists with procedures. Maintains and modifies the highly
technical equipment before, during and following the procedure.
Maintains ASGE Quality Certification. Meets the qualifications to
provide care for patients in the specific age range on their
assigned clinic area. Supports department staff in all areas as
needed. Participates in cross training.
- Prepares patients and sets up appropriate equipment for
- Assists the physicians and anticipates their needs to
facilitate an efficient and safe procedure.
- Provides support to the patient in a service-oriented
- Assists with set up monitoring devices and attaches to
- Prepares, identifies, and verifies all specimens obtained
during the endoscopic procedures.
- Restocks endoscopy and monitors inventory and supplies.
- Serves as preceptor for new Endoscopy personnel.
- Cleans and processes all equipment, instruments, and related
items received for the Endoscopy suites according to established
procedures for each category.
- Operates high-level disinfectors ensuring each cycle is correct
- Maintains extensive records for all items processed.
- Maintains compliance with safety and preventative maintenance
activities for all equipment to minimize failures and unsafe
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care to
include all licensing and regulatory agency requirements.
- Follows written procedures for sterilization and
- Knows responsibilities and the necessary chemical and
- Organization and management of activities reflects due
consideration of the needs of the department.
- Cross trains to assist with workflow as needed.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Endoscopy Technician, Professions , Huntington Mills, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!