Junior Operator/Material Handler (2nd shift)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Construction SpecialtiesOUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S
RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY,
VETERAN'S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW
Construction Specialties, Inc. Founded in 1948, Construction
Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS
provides solutions to building challenges that architects,
designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face
every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become
a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a
part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world-from the
world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the
World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in
an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and
colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS:
Making Buildings Better SCOPE OF POSITION: Performs various
manufacturing operations on jobs. Includes manufacture of
sub-assemblies and final assembly. Operates various types of
equipment such as saws, drills, punches, grinders formers, packing
machines, material moving equipment and any other equipment in an
assigned designated area. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Receives general and varied work assignments from Production
- Completes assigned tasks alone or assists others in various
- Ensures that guards and safety devices are installed on
equipment used and are operating properly. Performs required
equipment safety inspections. Reports any discrepancies to
- Adjusts and operates saw equipment to cut extruded stock, metal
and plastic to the size and shape specified by the work order.
Positions fixtures and clamps to properly locate direction of
- Uses shop equipment as needed such as table saw, hand drill or
drill press, punch and die press, fixed router, nut drivers and
heat forming equipment.
- Performs assembly using materials and parts designated by the
work order, production sheet, drawings, or catalog specifications.
Follows established procedures and operations prescribed to
- Performs manufacture or make up of sub-assemblies for
- Assists in filling pull lists and work orders for assigned
- Loads and unloads materials on to pallets, tables, racks and
shelving using required equipment such as pallet movers, carts,
basket movers, hand trucks in order to perform this function in a
- Conveys material from storage or work sites to designated
- Attaches identifying marks, labels and tags to material, cases,
cartons and other containers in order to identify the material and
the job it is to be supplied for in production or to shipping.
- Ensures hazardous material and waste handling is conducted
within the guidelines of all training and safety programs.
- Will assist in helping all areas of production as needed and
assigned by supervisor.
- Performs on-going quality control of own work such as using
color chips to verify correct color, product (extrusion) samples
for correct size and shape and measuring devices to verify correct
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying
attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with
minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by
demonstrating good quality behavior. Identifies and acts upon
opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Follows directions to perform other company related work when
time permits or when directed.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and
- Reports any problems or difficulties to Production
- Completes work with minimal supervision.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted
within the guidelines of the training provided.
- May be required to use personal fall protection equipment in
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard
and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System
(EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job
functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum
Education and/or Experience required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and up to
twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Will require training with respect to guidelines for hazardous
material and waste handling within six (6) months of hire and
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The
employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit;
climb or balance, and taste or smell.
- The employee must continuously (over 70% of time) lift and/or
move over 25 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus. SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- none PM21 Production, Manufacturing, machine operator, metal
work, plastics, forklift, fabrication, assembly, assembler, welder,
welding, shift work. woodworking, jobs
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-PA-MuncyTRAVEL: Yes, 10 % of the TimeEMPLOYEE
TYPE: Full-Time Regular
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Scranton , Junior Operator/Material Handler (2nd shift), Professions , Muncy, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!