Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: May 28, 2023
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts
and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges
and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? - Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as 100% company sponsored
employee medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, generous paid
time off, and so much more?
New Story School in Wyoming, PA is seeking a qualified Behavior
Consultant to assist with development of individualized behavior
plans, monitoring progress for assigned students and delivery of
behavior consultation as indicated in the Individualized Education
Plan (IEP). New Story Schools uses multiple methods for student
education and related services, including in-person learning,
virtual learning, and enhanced remote learning. Students engaged in
in-person learning will report to school and learning will be in
the traditional school setting.
- Assess initial and ongoing behavioral strengths and needs of
students per school assessment protocols and timelines.
- Utilize nonviolent crisis intervention techniques as
- Attend and participate in IBP meetings, multidisciplinary team
meetings, and other meetings, as needed.
- Provide and monitor services as stated in the student's
- Develop behavior goals for the IBP and Positive Behavior
Support Plan under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst..
- Oversee the implementation of Positive Behavior Support
- Conduct Functional[Behavior Assessments as needed, under the
supervision of a BCBA
- Develop system of data collection for staff to support
interventions and change, under the supervision of a Behavior
- Develop and teach individualized behavior plans which reflect
the individual needs of the student and the dynamics of the school
- Analyze FBA & data sheets and develop individualized Positive
Behavior Support Plan/teaching strategies using data and input from
others involved with the student.
- Collect and graph behavior data recorded by school staff for
analysis in behavior plan effectiveness.
- Collaborate with all staff members to assess effectiveness of
Positive Behavior Support Plan and student
- Revise student behavior plans as directed.
- Conduct staff training, as requested.
- Participate in the employee disciplinary process.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct employee performance
- Complete miscellaneous paperwork/reports as directed.
- Travel to various school locations, as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining clean and safe classroom
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to
safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company
policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Attend and successfully complete all trainings and supervision
sessions as directed.
- Complete and submit documentation of time worked accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools
careers and benefits, please visit our website
- 2 year(s): Experience working with children in the
implementation of therapeutic skills acquisition and behavior
- Masters or better in Education or related field
- Masters or better in Psychology or related fieldLicenses &
- Brd Cert Asst AnlstSkillsPreferred
- Positive Beh Supp Plan Development
- Funct Behavioral Assess
- Crisis InterventionBehaviorsPreferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Keywords: New Story Schools, Scranton , Behavioral Consultant, Professions , Kingston, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...