Emergency Room Technician II (Paramedic) - Full Time Overnights - Geisinger South Wilkes Barre
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Emergency Room Technician II (Paramedic) - Full Time
Overnights - Geisinger South Wilkes Barre
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GSWB Emergency Medicine Nursing Team
Date Posted: 11/01/2022
Job ID: R-24401
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer an Emergency Room Technician
II competitive pay rates, and up to $3 shift differentials for
evening, nights, and weekend shifts! Also offering up to $40,000 in
financial support to become a nurse!
Job DutiesJob Description:Performs basic patient care under the
supervision of the Registered Nurse and maintains the patient care
and unit environment consistent with the policies, procedures and
practices of Geisinger. -Meets the qualifications to provide care
for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical
area. Promotes a caring and healing environment for
- Triages patient care by identifying, observing and documenting
the physical needs of the patient and families.
- Reports changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse.
- Assists patient care staff by performing the following
procedures: Phlebotomy, wound care and splinting, EKG's.
- Provides patient care that may relate to rehabilitation to
carry out multidisciplinary care plan for each patient.
- Provides unit desk clerk functions when needed.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Uses two patient identifiers with proper labeling.
- Blood glucose monitoring.
- Assist with transporting patients into and out of the
department to other areas of the hospital for tests.
- Will transport medications to and from pharmacy and within the
unit along with transporting blood products to and from Blood
- Provides safety and suicide monitoring.
- Assists patients with daily activities including undressing and
dressing as well as lifting and positioning them to complete
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Coordinate relations between care providers, patients, and
- Promotes a caring and healing environment for patient-centered
care.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
position.Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- On the job training and education
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups - -
- - - - - - - - - -
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Nikki Kaleta at email@example.com
- Full Time, Nights
- 7:00pm--7:30am (3 shifts weekly)
- Every other weekend and holiday required
- ACLS certification required
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic proof
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Emergency Medical Technician
Paramedic - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Emergency Room Technician II (Paramedic) - Full Time Overnights - Geisinger South Wilkes Barre, Professions , Moosic, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!