Maintenance Tech A
Company: The AZEK Company
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skill in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled electrical/electronic and mechanical support to all areas of Production. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. ________________________________________ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Apply technical knowledge of electronic and electrical principles to solve basic problems using diagrams, schematics, engineering data and test equipment.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and maintenance of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Plan, direct, and record periodic electrical testing, and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Perform installation, modification and start up and shut down of equipment in accordance with all company safety procedures and applicable OSHA standards.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inform appropriate team members of operations of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers.
- Ability to utilize a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Ability to utilize combination of skills in electrical, mechanical, and utility control systems, including a variety of PLC''s.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures and applicable OSHA regulations at all times.
- Interact with vendors and equipment manufacturers as needed.
- Perform others assignments as directed. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Teamwork - Communicating and working together to serve our customers.
- Respect - Respect each other, our customers and suppliers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Integrity - Complete transparency and openness. Trustworthy, forthright and honest.
- Nerve - Nerve to make bold commitments and set stretch targets. Drives and embraces change.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position. O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day) Physical Demands Lift/Carry Stand F Walk F Sit O Manually Manipulate F Reach Outward F Reach Above Shoulder F Climb O Crawl O Squat or Kneel O Bend O 10 lbs or less C 11-20 lbs F 21-50 lbs F 51-100 lbs O Over 100 lbs N Push/Pull 12 lbs or less C 13-25 lbs F 26-40 lbs O 41-100 lbs O Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound - Ability to understand conversational speaking
- Sense of Smell
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Steel toe boots, hearing protection, safety glasses, gloves, (as required per safety gudielines) WORK ENVIRONMENT Typical manufacturing enviroment with loud noise. Multiple facilty responsiblities. Required SkillsComputer Skills: Proficient with troubleshooting PLC''s. Certifications & Licenses: Valid Drivers'' License Other Requirements: Knowledge of advanced trades mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings specifications, chartsRequired ExperienceOne year related experience.Job Location Scranton, US-PA
Keywords: The AZEK Company, Scranton , Maintenance Tech A, Professions , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!