Company: The AZEK Company
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Responsible to oversee and assist Shift Leaders, Operators and Production Assistants to ensure we meet organizational commitments regarding safety, quality, delivery, and cost expectations. Collaborates with other departments to determine, analyze and eliminate problems within the manufacturing environment. Responsible for ensuring that company policy and procedures are enforced and adhered to.Responsible for resolving member conflict and fostering an environment in which members are engaged.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight to the Production Team to ensure company objectives are attained regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Assigns work assignments to the Team Leaders, Operators, and Production Assistants.
- Ensures plant safety procedures are followed in order to promote personal safety and the safety of others.
- Oversees and assists in set-ups and start-ups of production equipment on a daily basis.
- Practices strong engagement with direct reports and team members including accepting diversity of ideas and thoughts, sharing responsibility for success, demonstrating honesty and integrity, helping employees solve problems and showing respect.
- Communicates daily issues and pertinent information to production assistants, operators as needed.
- Provides training to Shift Leaders, Operators, Assistant Operators and Production Assistants as needed.
- Troubleshoots machines for problems and makes proper adjustments.
- Ensures the proper materials and mixes are used to manufacture products according to identified specifications.
- Ensures machines are running efficiently and producing according to customer specifications.
- Ensures operators maintain and observe dimensional tolerances, warp, color appearance and all identified physical quality parameters.
- Monitors the quality of the products, performs daily audits and follows posted process standards.
- Ensures compliance regarding preventive maintenance and general maintenance as required.
- Performs safety checks on all machinery in the department and reports safety issues as needed.
- Identifies maintenance requirements and works with maintenance to repair equipment as required.
- Completes all necessary production paperwork.
- Develops and ensures production schedule is followed and executed complete and on time.
- Ensures housekeeping duties are performed on the plant floor.
- Understands, supports and follows all company policies, practices and procedures.
- Works with Management team to develop process improvement opportunities.
- Performs other assignments as directed.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication - The ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'' needs while following company procedures.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Integrity - Complete transparency and openness. Trustworthy, forthright and honest.
- Nerve - Nerve to make bold commitments and set stretch targets. Drives and embraces change.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Respect - Respect each other, our customers and suppliers.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Teamwork - Communicating and working together to serve our customers.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - All required PPE
Required SkillsComputer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Other Requirements: Supervisory Experience Required.Required Experience3 yearsJob Location
Keywords: The AZEK Company, Scranton , Production Supervisor, Professions , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!