Counter Sales Associate
Company: VP Supply
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionVP Supply Corp is one of the nation's largest
distributor of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical supplies. We have
over 350 employees with 15 locations across Western New York and
Pennsylvania. For over 50 years, we have proudly served residential
customers as well as contractors and municipalities across a
variety of industries.Position Overview:We are currently seeking to
hire a Counter Sales Associate with at least 1 year of relevant
electrical or plumbing experience to join our Vestal branch. As an
essential business, our team is continuing to expand to meet the
growing demands of our customers.We are looking for high performers
who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious
team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters
with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to
excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented
- Meet and greet all customers at point of sale with service,
respect, and knowledge.
- Consult with customers to analyze both current and future needs
to determine the most appropriate level of service/sales.
- Pick materials from warehouse to fill orders.
- Assist with stocking materials in warehouse, as well as
- Use company-provided systems to improve planning and collect
- Maintain a neat counter area and product displays.
- Review open order report on a weekly basis.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrate comprehensive company product knowledge to
customers and effectively articulate company's competitive
- Remain up to date on market, customers, suppliers, and
- Learn and demonstrate competence in features and functionality
of all product lines.
- Provide occasional order picking and miscellaneous warehouse
duties, as the need arises.Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of electrical, plumbing or parts sales
- Experience in the electrical industry is preferred, but not
- Previous experience in environment with walk-in/call-in
customer orders and assisting in electrical related issues also
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have reliable daily transportation to branch location.Work
- This job operates in a retail setting. This position routinely
uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While
a somewhat sedentary role, frequent standing on feet up to 8
hours/day and some lifting or carrying of items up to 50 pounds may
occasionally be required.
Keywords: VP Supply, Scranton , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Vestal, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!